“Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet.”
– Jean-Jacques Rousseau (Francophone Genevan philosopher, writer, and composer of the 18th century)
I have been way too patient for the MAC’s Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection release. But I took my time to buy what I really needed than getting all of them. So I read through reviews and saw youtube videos for the best products that I could lay my hands on. However, little did I realised that the most anticipated one’s in the collection got out of stock soon before it hit stores. Huh!! So I instantly grabbed the one’s that were endangered to my personal makeup collection. I am here to review these whimsical beauties today. These might have released in 2016 October/ November but the effects are still fresh. I have tried out a few for by brother-in-law’s wedding and I can vouch for the quality of these wonderful new makeup releases.
There is a whooping collection of Lipstick kits (nudes, reds and pinks) and Lip gloss kits (nudes, reds and pinks). It also encompasses a striking range of eyeshadows, eyeshadow kits, magic dust powders, compacts, pigments, glitter and brush kits. The endangered species in this irresistible list are the pigments in rose, the face compact powder with the whisper of gilt highlighter and the Magic Dust Powder in sweet vision. I managed to buy the Magic Dust Powder in Sweet vision and the pigment in Rose.
The best part about the collection is the packaging. The packaging is fun and colourful. The kits come packed in rexine material pouches in pink/purple/ gold packaging. The lipsticks come in a pretty pink and purple bullet with MAC imprinted on it. The pigment and glitter kit, The mini lipstick kit and the lipgloss kit come in an impressive plastic black tray with the same purple/pink/gold details that can be reused for future storage or travel needs. In short, the packaging is everything. I not only purchased this collection for its products but also for the packaging.
Lets discuss what I purchased from this collection that will suit MAC NC44.5 and similar skin tones. I purchased the Nutcracker Sweet collection from Mac the store and also from NYKAA India online. I bought the Magic dust powder in Sweet Vision and Yum Yum Yum and also the pigment in rose and the pigment glitter set in Sweet bronze pigment and glitter kit.
1.Magic Dust powder in Sweet Vision – This is described as a pink with gold shimmer. It is a beautiful blush. The powder is smooth and can be blended easily. On my MAC NC44.5 skin it shows up like a nice pink peach colour with gold shimmer. I really like how this colour looks on me. I am glad I could get my hands on this one as it is a very unique shade and got sold out quickly. On my skin the shimmer is not over powering. It looks as if i have a healthy glow on my cheeks.
2. Magic Dust Powder in Yum Yum Yum – This colour is described as a cool pink shade with little gold sparkle. The blush is not very pigmented. The colour is very dry and a lot of effort has to be put in to blend in on the skin. I won’t recommend this blush as compared to sweet vision.
3.MAC sweet Bronze Pigments and Glitter kit – The Bronze pigments and glitter kit comprises of three pigments and one glitter in copper colour. The colours swatch beautifully and are very pigmented. They are packaged in tiny bottles compared to the permanent pigments. The pigments look good on my skin tone MAC NC 44.5.
- Sugar Rush Pigment (not perm) – This colour can be described as a light beige with warm undertones and some shimmer. It is a very pretty inner corner highlight colour. The texture is smooth and applies well.
- Stardream Pigment (not perm) – This colour is a warm brown colour with metallic shimmer or sheen. This pigment can be used all over the eyelid for a pretty bronze look. The pigment is smooth to apply and blend.
- Handsome Prince Pigment (not perm) – This colour is described as a reddish brown colour with metallic finish. This pigment can also be used all over the eyelid for a smoky eye look. The pigment is easily blendable and smooth.
- Reigning Riches Glitter (not perm) – This shade is a copper colour with red undertones. The glitter needs to be applied with some glitter glue. It has medium sized glitter. I have used fine glitter and I dont like chunky glitter. This glitter is pretty and comfortable for my likes. I haven’t used it as yet. I will update this blog with a look that has this copper glitter.
4. MAC pigment in Rose – This pigment in rose can be described as a rosey pink shade with gold shimmer that gives a duochrome effect. Its a lovely shade. The pigment is smooth and can be applied all over the lid. This is my favourite from the entire pigment collection.
The Nutcracker collection is considered to be one of the best collections MAC has released along with the Mariah Carey collection in 2016. The packaging and choice of products is a complete win win from this collection. MAC introduced its holy grail highlighter, the Whisper of Guilt in this collection. This one compact collection sold out quickly and I missed this one. I hope they bring it again this year in one of their collections.
Where to Buy:
My overall opinion on these products is that they are BRILLIANT. It is one of the best collections MAC. Superb and worth all the money. I love it. I’ll leave you to admire these beauties, see you in my next post. Till then, Keep smiling and God bless.